Cambridge Quantum Computing is looking to hire a graduate Research Scientist for its Cambridge team to work on quantum resistance in cryptocurrencies. The successful candidate will join the Cambridge office and will be working in a highly dynamic, research-focused group with scientific direction from leading researchers. With the freedom to think independently and creatively this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build their career.
- A degree in Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines such as Physics or Computer Science with a strong mathematical component from a top-tier University.
- A Passion for approaching complex problems with the goal to design and deliver novel practical solutions.
- Experience writing beautiful, functional and well tested code in a language such as python, matlab, C/C++ etc.
- The ability to understand technical and advanced material and translate this into code.
- Interest in the Blockchain and its protocols, Several Existing Cryptocurrencies, FinTech, mining, “proof of work” concept etc.
- Some elementary knowledge of quantum computing (what is it, why in theory it can compromise cyber security in several aspects of our day to day life)
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be compensated with a highly competitive salary and will join the company’s attractive share option and bonus scheme.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to [email protected]