Cambridge Quantum Computing is looking to hire a Head of North American Business Development for its Certified Randomness Product (qRNG). The successful candidate will be based in either San Francisco, New York, or Washington, DC. We do understand that there are significant opportunities in Europe, and these can be tapped into by a team that is based in the UK but working for the Global Head who is based in Washington DC (for example).
- CQC have built a product that is the best of breed in generating quantum random numbers in a manner that is certifiable and is device independent.
- Certifiability and Device Independence is a critical element in widespread adoption of quantum random numbers as an enabling tool in encryption. The need for qRNG is being driven by the realisation that quantum resistance can only be guaranteed by qRNG itself.
- The devices that can generate CQC’s qRNG are now readily capable of being manufactured. There are a number of companies that have the expertise and the components to build market ready devices for customer testing and customer use.
- It is clear that over a 3 to 5 yr period there will be wholesale migration from existing pseudo-random number generating methods to secure qRNG in many industrial and government areas, however the primary market will initially be government agencies.
- There are clear market opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia.
The Candidate and the Job
- The successful candidate will have significant working experience in the security and encryption industries from the point of view of business development; and be equipped with a tangible track record of delivering solutions to governments and large corporations.
- The successful candidate will be a business development professional. Although a technical or scientific background is an added advantage, our primary focus is to add drive sales growth. CQC has a top quality scientific team to support sales delivery.
- The successful candidate will be ambitious and display a record of moulding and driving growth through highly motivated teams.
- The successful candidate will be compensated with competitive remuneration structures that include exposure to the success of the qRNG team and the success of the company as a whole.
- Candidates with USA citizenship will be preferred.
- The candidate will be required to travel extensively, sometimes on short notice.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The emerging quantum computing sector is not merely ‘disruptive’ but represents an industrial revolution across all sectors of society. A new computing paradigm is being created and we are living through it
- The financial and value creation impact is not comparable to anything in living memory. The internet, mobile telephony, cloud computing, AI are all foretastes of the immense value that will be created
- qRNG is a leading edge of that revolution and ultimately qRNG will be delivered through chipsets directly built into quantum computers. Prior to that time qRNG will become the only basis upon which encryption can be guaranteed to be ‘quantum resistant’.
- qRNG beyond use in encryption includes, inter alia, the financial services industry; games of chance; chemistry and pharma for new drug and material design.
- CQC is well established as the leading independent quantum computing company. The successful candidate will join the company as it enters a rapid growth phase
- CQC enjoys positive recognition within the quantum computing and technology sectors for more information
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to email@example.com