Cambridge Quantum Computing is expanding its quantum compiler team with 2 new positions. The compiler translates a quantum algorithm into the basic operations available at the hardware level and would be essential for any product based on quantum computing.
Prior knowledge of quantum computing is not required as the relevant training will be given.
You will be creating a product that is hugely innovative and at the cutting edge of technology. Working alongside an exciting Oxford University spin out called Oxford Quantum Circuits, your work will impact future scientific and technological development.
You will be collaborating with a hugely talented team to contribute to the product development. You will have scientific direction from leading researchers from Cambridge and Oxford universities, work with CQC’s chief technology officer who has experience developing the Linux kernel, and be part of a highly motivated group of talented graduates and post grads.
With the freedom to think independently and creatively this is an excellent opportunity to build your career. Being part of a small team you will have responsibility for the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing.
You will be working in a sociable and friendly environment based in central Cambridge. The entrepreneurial atmosphere at CQC means that achievements are quickly acknowledged and rewarded.
- A 2:1 or higher degree from a top university in a Science, Mathematics, Computer science or Engineering subject.
- Able to understand technical and advanced material and translate this into code.
- Good critical and logical thinking.
- Coding experience in C/C++ (although other languages are fine provided you are willing to quickly learn C/C++)
- Comfortable working in a team, you are able to communicate ideas and write code that can be understood by others and builds on the wider project.
- Able to work independently and manage your time well
- A PhD in Quantum Information is not essential but will be well regarded.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be compensated with a highly competitive salary and will join the company’s attractive share option and bonus scheme.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to [email protected]