Cambridge Quantum’s headquarters in Cambridge, England is located at the junction of Hills Road and St Paul’s Road. It is a stone’s throw away from the city centre, with Station Road leading to Cambridge train station to the east. Many of the roads in the city centre are pedestrianised and the area is dotted with historic buildings and large green spaces such as Jesus Green, Parker’s Piece and Midsummer Common.
Hills Road lies between Regent Street at the intersection with Lensfield Road and Gonville Place and a roundabout by the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, which is situated at the edge of the city and houses Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
To the west of the road is the Cambridge University Botanic Garden, which is linked to the campus’s Department of Plant Sciences. The garden covers an area of 16 hectares and houses a plant collection of over 8,000 plant species from all over the world to facilitate teaching and research. The garden was created for the University of Cambridge in 1831 by Professor John Stevens Henslow, Charles Darwin’s mentor and was opened to the public in 1846.
Also a part of the University of Cambridge, is the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (LMB) building on Hills Road, a research institute dedicated to the understanding of fundamental biological processes at the levels of atoms, molecules, cells and organisms to solve key problems in human health.
Terrington House is just a short walk to the Cambridge Union Society Building, which was founded at the turn of the 19th century in 1815. Over the years, the Cambridge Union has become a bustling hub and meeting point for the free exchange of ideas and discussions. It is considered the oldest debating society in the world, welcoming and engaging individuals from all walks of life helping to shape our futures and the world we live in.
13–15 Hills Road,
Cambridge, CB2 1NL