Machine Learning Intern
Location: London Victoria
As part of our mission to expand our world class team Cambridge Quantum Computing’s Machine Learning (ML) team is searching for a Machine Learning Intern. This hire will support the development of new machine learning models for financial forecasting and the analysis of scientific research results.
The intern will be assisting the team of scientists in developing and analysing machine learning models, improving current models through continual learning, and taking care of data curation and pre-processing for the various datasets. The successful candidate will join the London Victoria office and will be working in a highly dynamic, development-focused group, alongside software engineers and machine learning scientists with plenty of room for professional growth.
- Improve currently deployed ML models.
- Design, build and learn new machine learning models.
- Prepare datasets according to the scientists’ specs to train ML models.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results.
- Curating and presenting research on a specific topic.
- A degree or in Software Engineering, Computer Science or associated quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning) / or demonstrable work experience.
- Project experience with deep learning frameworks and usage of DL libraries (TensorFlow/Pytorch).
- Proficiency in data wrangling.
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects.
- A passion for programming, technology and AI
- Experience in time series forecasting
- Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure and its data and ML stack
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.