RESEARCH SCIENTIST – CAMBRIDGE
The quantum software team are seeking to hire a post-doctoral research scientist. This is a permanent full-time position. You will design quantum algorithms to solve real-world problems using current and near future quantum devices. You will work with our software development team to help realise these algorithms as part of t|ket>, our quantum software platform.
You will be collaborating with a small team of scientists and software developers, and will have input in the entire development process through original research, development, and implementation. You will occasionally meet with end-users to discuss problems and seek. You will have the freedom to pursue your own ideas, think independently and creatively in the team, and make a real impact.
- A PhD in quantum algorithms or quantum computation.
- Track record of original research in quantum computing.
- The ability to communicate technical material clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material.
- Comfortable working in a team and communicating ideas that can be understood by others.
- Able to work independently and manage your time well.
- Some programming experience, preferably in C/C++ or Python.
- Familiarity with the relevant research literature.
Employment with CQC is subject to satisfactory background checks being completed
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme
- 37.5-hour week
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
About the company
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to email@example.com