Senior Quantum Optics/Photonics Engineer
Location: Teddington (South West London)
As part of our mission to expand our world-class team and our pioneering work in the quantum industry Cambridge Quantum Computing’s photonics team are searching for a Senior Quantum Optics/Photonics Engineer
In this role you will be working within an agile team of quantum optics and quantum information scientists. Your task will be to realise CQC protocols and use your expertise to develop novel and innovative approaches in quantum optics. You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and have the opportunity to collaborate with world leading experts in the field.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design, simulation and theoretical modelling of new quantum photonic systems
- Building and testing cutting edge optical experiments
- Qualifying and improving existing quantum optics designs and methodologies
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Maths, Physics or Engineering subjects
- Hands on experience and knowledge in at least two of the following:
- Quantum key distribution
- Silicon photonics and integrated photonic circuits
- Quantum random number generators
- Single photon detectors
- Proficient with at least one piece of scientific modelling software (Mathematica/MATLAB/LabView etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world-leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world-leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
You will be based out of our labs in the Teddington area of South West London where there are good rail connections to central London, Heathrow and Gatwick airports. Our labs are situated in one of the greenest areas of London being within a few minutes’ walk of Bushy park and a short cycle to Richmond Park.
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with a cover note to email@example.com
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.