As part of our mission to expand our world class team and our pioneering work in the quantum industry Cambridge Quantum Computing’s Machine Learning (ML) team is searching for a Software Architect.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of supporting the growth of CQC’s financial forecasting product to serve new clients and expand to new markets. Your main focus will be on the maintenance of the current live trading system, which deploys machine learning models on live streams of data, and its enhancement in future product iterations. Along with having significant interaction with internal and external stakeholders, by collecting product specifications and business requirements, and translating them into technical features and development plans.
You will be an integral part of the software engineering team here in our London Victoria office and guide the team members in all the development phases, from the design to the implementation details and testing.
- Maintain the current system and improve its stability.
- Ensure low latency and scalability to larger volumes of streaming data and additional ML models.
- Ensuring integrity with the scientific ML development.
- Increase the flexibility to seamlessly incorporate changes dictated by scientific development.
- Design and implement monitoring features.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or associated quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning) / or demonstrable work experience.
- Modern C++, proficient
- Python 3, knowledgeable.
- Linux OS and its scripting methods, knowledgeable.
- Continuous Integration and AGILE development, knowledgeable.
- Unit and integration testing experience.
- Extraction, Transformation, and Loading systems, experienced.
- Live deployment of ML models, experienced.
- Financial data of considerable size (Terabyte sized), familiar
- Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure and its data and ML stack, knowledgeable.
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to email@example.com
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.