Software Engineer in Cryptography/Security (SDK / SDK Support)
Reports into: Head of Software Delivery and Implementation
A world leading independent quantum computing company with scientific and technical expertise in areas that will become some of the world’s largest sectors with the advent of Quantum Computing. As we are rapidly scaling and commercialising we are looking for a Software Engineer with a background in Cryptography/Security.
CQC has built a photonic quantum device – IronBridge™, which provides unhackable security that is certified by the laws of quantum mechanics. IronBridge™, provides current and post-quantum cybersecurity by solving the most fundamental vulnerabilities in cryptographic protocols and procedures. CQC is at the heart of determining the global standards for encryption and is deploying IronBridge™ across the world’s largest organisations. Today, IronBridge™ is the only encryption device that ensures device independence and source certifiability to be used for post-quantum encryption algorithms, cached entropy generation for IoT devices, key generation for certificates, quantum watermarking and many other use cases.
This is role provides you with a unique and amazing opportunity to work on this emerging technology. The primary aim will be to implement post-quantum algorithms into our software stack. This position involves software development primarily in C# on Windows. You will be collaborating with a small team, and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
- Securing/Hardening Operating Systems
- Integrating with Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
Required Key Education/Skill requirements
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering
- Previous experience with cryptography with technologies such as OpenSSL HSM and KMS type products
- Extensive knowledge of cryptographic primitives and IT security
- Significant software development experience
- Comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others
- Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Familiarity with quantum computing, quantum algorithms, or quantum information
- Experience with other operating systems such as Linux
- Knowledge of Thales / Gemalto systems (HSM systems)
- Experience hardening and securing systems
- Awareness of policy servers such as McAfee ePO
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Share option scheme
- Workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
About the company
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org