SOFTWARE ENGINEER (QUANTUM CHEMISTRY)
Location: Cambridge Office
Reports into: Quantum Chemistry – Technical Lead
We are growing our team across the UK, USA and Japan and are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join the team.
As a Software Engineer for Cambridge Quantum Computing, you’ll have the opportunity to work on the development of quantum algorithms for computational chemistry in a team that are pioneering the emerging field of quantum information and computational chemistry.
Based in the Cambridge office, you will be working in a highly dynamic, research-focused group with scientific direction from leading researchers. With the freedom to think independently and creatively this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to build their career.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a background in quantum computing, we are looking to supplement our team with a talented computational scientist.
We want to hear from you if you have the below experience and skillset!
- Developing software for quantum computing
- Collaborating with scientists in the team to implement new algorithms
- Keeping up to date with the literature of the field
- Producing analysis and reports
Required Key Education/Skill requirements
- The successful candidate will have a PhD degree or equivalent – or will have submitted their thesis prior to taking up the position – in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related discipline.
- A strong research record in theoretical, computational or mathematical physics, chemistry, materials science or applied mathematics, and an expertise of modelling either solid-state or molecular systems.
- Good experience in scientific coding will be essential for the role as will be a proven track record in mathematical modelling and theory development.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Some knowledge of quantum computing and quantum algorithms for chemistry.
- Knowledge of C++.
- Experience with version control (git).
Candidates selected for interview will be asked to provide an extended code sample from their previous research project along with a brief (1-page) description of the algorithm and programming solution used, and be prepared to explain the algorithmic decisions.
Employment with CQC is subject to satisfactory background checks being completed
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Share option scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
About the company
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to email@example.com