Web Service Administrator/Developer
About the Role
As part of our mission to expand our world class team and our pioneering work to develop software and applications for quantum computers Cambridge Quantum Computers (CQC) is searching for a web service administrator/developer.
In this role you will help to develop and deliver CQC’s web services for cloud-based quantum computing aimed at both internal users and external clients. You’ll work closely with our quantum computing researchers and software teams to make using quantum computers as easy as sending email.
CQC practices DevOps methodologies including declarative infrastructure through Terraform, continuous integration and testing with GitHub Actions and monitoring with Azure Application Insights. Services are implemented in Rust and Python, communicate over HTTP+JSON and run on Azure Kubernetes Service. You will be responsible for supporting these services, expanding their functionality and making decisions about the technical direction of the project.
You will already be experienced with running web services in a cloud environment as a critical part of this role will be monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues, so you should be able to demonstrate where you have been successful in these situations previously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor running applications to diagnose faults or potential performance problems, debug issues with web services, and find causes of problems by searching both code and issue trackers.
- Configure and provision machines and infrastructure.
- Administer Cloud provider accounts, review and maintain permissions and security settings. Responsible for onboarding and offboarding employee access.
- Help develop and maintain new web applications.
- Learn new technologies and techniques to make running systems as easy as possible.
- Hands on experience running Linux servers or Containerised applications.
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana or Azure Monitor).
- Experience deploying applications in Azure/AWS/GCP or similar.
- Knowledge of Python, Rust, Perl, Ruby, and/or Go.
- Experience building and running web applications.
- Knowledge of SQL and HTTP.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Docker/Containerisation technologies
- PostgreSQL administration, monitoring and query optimization.
- Experience with Terraform or Kubernetes.
- Experience with version control, declarative infrastructure, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of browser tools for debugging and developing web applications.
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC design solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allow the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket⟩, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning (“QML”), and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting young companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of the economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org